tirsdag 29. november 2011

Recieving The Armor!

One happy day in July I recieved a big brown box, containing all the plastic parts for my Stormtrooper armor, expertly crafted by Troopermaster in 2mm acrylic capped ABS. Super shiny and sweet.
I was anxious to say the least, I had quite a build ahead of me!
Thankfully Troopermaster is one of the most knowledgeful people concerning Stormtroopers and original Star Wars props, and he was only a message away if there was a detail that needed clarification.

The kit laid out:

I sadly did not take many pictures during the build, but I will post a few of those I have to give you the jist of it.
The build was long and sometimes tedious, using E6000 industrial glue with a cure-time of 24-72 hours to glue parts together, holding them in place with clamps and strong neodymiun magnets while the glue cured.
Trimming and cutting parts to fit.
First out was the helmet, which I decided to start with and finish before the rest to give me something to look at and inspire me to finish the rest of the build.
Again TK-8505 helped me out at his workshop, to drill the initial four holes to attach the faceplate to the cap'n'back of the helmet, after finding the best possible alignment of the two (which can be a bit tricky and also a big personal preference). I'm really happy with the way it came out.
All details are hand painted, as the original helmets were. The tubestripes were painted by fellow legionmember and friend TD-6237, which also works as a cartoonist, drawing the great cartoon M.








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar