tirsdag 29. november 2011

A Short Introduction

This blog is started to document my path in acquiring a high quality Stormtrooper armor and becoming a member of the world wide organization The 501st Legion.

The blog was started a while ago, but I never got around to writing anything, so these first posts will be backtracking and bringing myself and you the reader up to speed of where I am right now.

About a year ago, I decided I had to have a New Years resolution, (despite never caring much for the concept before...) and the resolution was to realize a childhood dream of becoming a Stormtrooper from the Star Wars movies.

I contacted the local garrison, the Nordic Garrison to inquire where and how one acquires a Stormtrooper armor, and I recieved a warm welcome and was given just enough information from TK-8224, Lisa that I could start researching on my own.

I joined the forum of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, reading a lot and researching different armor-makers and armor types eventually settling on the Stormtrooper from A New Hope (1977), in my eyes the classic and best looking Stormtrooper.

"But aren't the Stormtroopers in all the movies the same?" you might ask. Nope, there are actually a lot of small details making them differ from movie to movie. And there were also small differences in detail between the Stormtroopers used for close-up shots (Hero) and those in the background (Stunt).
I won't go into the details here, but I can say I opted for the 'Stunt' version, which is the Stormtrooper most people have chosen to acquire themselves.

After about six months of  working two jobs and researching diligently on the forums, I had decided on an armormaker, namely Troopermaster from England, a highly regarded propmaker and justly so, as he makes the most accurate reproduction Stormtrooper armor there is. I got in contact with him and to no surprise he was a busy man, and I had to wait a while for a kit, which wasn't a problem as that would give me time to order and recieve all other things required for a complete Stormtrooper costume.

One of the first things I ordered and recieved was a kit to build the Blastech E-11 Stormtrooper rifle.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar