søndag 13. mai 2012

Building up an AP-helmet

Today i built up an AP-helmet in the course of only a few hours.
Mads helped out by trimming out the ears roughly.
I decided to use the decals that came with the kit and the non-accurate mictips/aerators.
The only things I had to paint was the frown, vocoder and earbumps, which was done in a jiffy.

Only finetrimming and attaching the ears remains, then it is a finished helmet, ready for use.
The downside (and the reason I decided to use decals and non-accurate mictips/aerators) is this helmet is maybe going to become a lampshade at my workplace, paid for by my boss.
I thought it wouldn't be a problem to just build up a helmet and give it to my workplace, but I became a little attached to it...

Looking forward to build the next helmet though!
I really want to get an RS-helmet and build it up as a replica stunt helmet with khaki undercoat and paintchips and the works.

Here are the helmets as is, AP on the left, my TM on the right:



And here's the helmet propped up on the barcounter:


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar