tirsdag 25. mars 2014

Small Progress With Han in Carbonite Sidepanels



Started making the box for the mold now, and it's slowly crawling along inch by inch.
I think I'll give the inside of the box a light coat of clear laquer (I don't even know if that's neccessary), then fasten the panel inside, and close all the seams using (sulphur free) clay.
Then I just have to mix up a batch of silicone and give it a print/gelcoat before pouring the rest over.

Here is a picture of the set-up so far:



I'm following Matt Munsons lead and just casting the outside of the panel (as you'll never see the inside anyway), and it makes for a much easier moldingprocess. So I just glued pieces of styrene over all the holes so that the finished casts are pretty much ready to go right out of the mold with minimal clean-up, just paint and add greeblies.

Here is a picture of Matt Munsons finished mold, which he just slush-casts resin copies in, which turns out great:



And as another note, I refurbished my Han Solo, pouring an all new carbonite texture around him and painting it again. I only have to weather him and he's good as new. I felt this was the right time to do it, as I was more satisfied with the finish on the second HIC I built, and have been wanting to re-do my own, and now I have the time and opportunity to do a makeover before he is to be displayed permanently. Right now he's sitting in the basement at the bar where I work where he will be displayed indefinitely (until I get a place big enough to house him myself). There he will be encased in plexiglass with a subtle orange glow emanating from behind. I'm looking forward to seeing it displayed properly!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar